The updated permits are:-
- SR2010 No 4. Mobile Plant for Landspreading
- SR2010 No. 5 Mobile Plant for Reclamation, Restoration or Improvement of Land
- SR2010 No. 6 Mobile Plant for Landspreading of Sewage Sludge
- SR2010 No. 17 Storage of Digestate from Anaerobic Digestion plants
The updated rules come into effect immediately for new applications, and for existing permit holders on 6 April 2017.
The new landspreading rules include some important changes, notably:
- The requirement to notify the EA between 7 days and 48 hours in advance of the intention to spread;
- New rules to state that up to 100 ha of continuously managed land may be included in a single deployment application (mobile plant for landspreading, and landspreading of sewage sludge only)
- New threshold on storage capacity for non-stackable wastes;
- Amendments to the permitted waste types;
The SR2010 No17 permitted has broadened from its original scope solely for use for the storage of digestate to include additional wastes to be used for land treatment. As such it includes a much wider array of permitted waste types to be stored.
If you have any questions regarding the amended rules set and what it means for your landspreading operation, please get in touch with Aardvark.